The best of the Trans-Siberian
Whether you choose to experience the pure luxury and opulence of the Golden Eagle as you travel the length of the Trans-Siberian Railway, or decide to make a more authentic Journey aboard the public network, what you can't fail to miss out on is a true odyssey to the other side of the world.
Benefits of rail
One of the most iconic railways in the world, the Trans-Siberian Railway was the most expensive, challenging railroad ever constructed. It is also the longest railway in the world, with all six thousand miles of tracks, tunnels and bridges built by hand. Beginning in Moscow, the Trans-Siberian Railway route takes eight days and makes forty five stops. The total length of the Trans-Siberian Railway covers six thousand one hundred and eighty-three miles.
The Golden Eagle
By its own admission, the Golden Eagle Trans- Siberian Express is effectively a luxury hotel on rails. Every class of cabin on board is lavishly furnished and features a private en-suite wet room or bathroom with complimentary toiletries, daily turn-down service and its own cabin attendant who is on hand to assist twenty-four hours a day.
Furnished and decorated in classical style to the highest standards, no expense has been spared to equip this striking and elegant train with every modern facility for passengers' comfort and convenience. This ensures that ti me spent aboard becomes, in itself, one of the most memorable highlights of travelling the Trans-Siberian Railway on your 12-night adventure from Moscow to Vladivostok or Vladivostok to Moscow.
The Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express is arguably one of the best quality rail travel experiences offered anywhere in the world. This private train offers a standard of accommodation and catering that most passengers have only ever dreamt of before. The train features two beautifully appointed restaurant cars, in which meals freshly prepared by the on board chefs are served accompanied by wine and vodka. There is also a bar car which is an excellent place to relax and get to know your fellow passengers - then in the evening, enjoy music from the resident pianist.
Tsar's Gold Private Train
Operating from Moscow to Beijing is the Tsar's Gold Private Train. This immaculate, privately-operated train offers an alternative, yet highly comfortable way in which to cover the 8,961-kilometre route across Russia, Siberia, Northern Asia and down into China.
The classical Tsar's Gold Private Train is opulently decorated in vintage Soviet style and furnished to the highest standards of quality and comfort; the carriages which now comprise the train's 'Nostalgic Comfort' class, for example, were originally built for the use of former Russian president Leonid Brezhnev and his staff. In addition to classical décor and sumptuous comfort the train is also equipped with every modern facility and features two beautifully appointed restaurant cars which also serve as informal bar lounges in the evening.
Explore the local way
The Golden Eagle and Tsar's Gold Train aren't the only ways to travel along this remarkable railway route, and you may choose to travel the entire 9,288 kilometres or just a portion of that. Travelling like the locals do allows you to get off where you like for as long as you like (or until the next service comes along), and as independent rail specialists we can organise each individual journey, tour or whatever other excursion you fancy.
Enjoy the freedom of a tailor-made itinerary whilst still enjoying the comfort of Russian and Mongolian (and perhaps even Manchurian) trains. Whilst this is an incredibly authentic and rewarding way to travel, it is a notoriously difficult trip to organise on your own as hop-on/off tickets aren't available to buy online, so let us do all the hard work so you can just look forward to the adventure to come! We can include your flights, rail tickets transfers, excursions and accommodation in the overall cost of your bespoke Trans- Siberian holiday.
Suggested Trans-Siberian Itineraries
The Itineraries shown are intended to give an overview of what is possible and are by no means the only options available, designed to offer an idea of all the places you could visit and give you an overview of each destination. We arrange holidays to suit all tastes and budgets, so you can pick and choose from below or come up with something completely unique.
Call our Tailor-Made Holiday Specialists on
Russia to Beijing, via Mongolia
On its 16-day journey from Moscow to Beijing the Tsar's Gold Private Train takes in Lake Baikal, the vast, grassy Mongolian steppe, the Gobi Desert and the mountains of Northern China. It also calls at many notable cities and towns such as the historic Yekaterinburg, founded by seventeenth-century Russian leader Peter the Great, the culturally-rich Irkutsk, nicknamed 'the Paris of Siberia' and Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia's fascinating capital city.
- After flying from London to Moscow, take an evening tour of the city
- Whilst in Kazan, pay a visit the city's spectacular Kremlin
- Uncover Yekaterinburg, a historically-rich city founded by Peter the Great
- Partake in a 'Tsar's Feast' including vodka and caviar tastings
- Take a tour to visit Ulan Ude's highlights
- After arriving in the Mongolian capital, Ulaanbaatar, perhaps take a guided tour to see many of the city's impressive sights
- Enjoy a traditional-style lunch in the tent sett lement of nomadic herdsmen and enjoy a horse-riding show
- Passing through the Gobi Desert, there is chance to see the landscape where several dinosaur remains have been found
- Take a guided tour of Tiananmen Square or visit the Temple of Heaven, before experiencing the Great Wall of China
Moscow to Vladivostok, via Mongolia
The Golden Eagle also runs a service running east from Moscow and lasti ng for 15 days. Whilst the route is noted for its diverse, ever-changing and oft en spectacular landscapes, the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express also visits many special destinations including Irkutsk, an historic city as famed for its disti ncti ve wooden architecture and Lake Baikal.
- Arrive in the captivating Russian capital and enjoy a panoramic tour that includes Red Square, St Basil's cathedral and the Kremlin
- Board the Golden Eagle and begin your journey to Kazan
- In Yekaterinburg, visit the site where Tsar Nicholas II and his family were murdered
- Continue to Novosibirsk for a guided tour
- Explore the unique architecture of Irkutsk
- Relax by the shores of Lake Baikal, the word's largest freshwater lake
- Visit the Old Believers' village in Ulan Ude
- Experience a Buddhist temple in Mongolia's capital, Ulaan Baatar
- After 6,000 miles, arrive into Vladivostock where there is a tour
- Fly back home to the UK