Holidays Sales Advisor
York & remote - Full time & part time
Do you have a passion for travel? Are you keen to engage with new people on destinations which excite you?
Getting out the door is not always easy, which is why at Great Rail Journeys, we are offering you the opportunity to live your passion for travel and exploration whilst earning money and engaging your people skills from home with the kind of flexibility that doesn't compromise your other commitments…
The team is looking for new Holiday Sales Advisors to help us inspire new and existing customers and take them to the destinations they have always dreamed of. We have a number of remote, flexible vacancies whether it's weekends you require or find yourself free on a weekday evening Great Rail Journeys is the UK's leading provider of holidays by rail, offering escorted tours, river cruises and tailormade holidays to over 40 countries across the world. With five decades of experience, we are experts in showcasing the beauty and diversity of the destinations we travel to, taking people to places only rail can reach. We take over 50,000 customers on holiday each year and are fantastically proud of our high quality tours, that we know customers love. We care passionately about customers, understand the small touches and attention to detail that make a holiday special, alongside the knowledge and experience to navigate the world by rail.
Our brand new offices at Hudson Quarter in York are at the very heart of the rail industry with great transport links and employ just over 100 people in a creative and innovative space you will get to visit from time to time.
Does this sound like something you can get on board with? We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A passion and enthusiasm for travel
- A need for flexible working from home hours which enables you to work evenings, weekends or bank holidays
- Have previous sales or customer service experience
- Are driven to achieve targets and influence sales whilst helping and inspiring people along the way
- An ability to build a rapport with customers on the telephone whilst navigating an I.T system
- A good grasp of worldwide geography
- Some travel industry experience, but not essential
- Strong IT skills