Choosing the right ship can be as important as choosing the right river to cruise on. After all, the on-board experience is a big part of the holiday. With so much time spent relaxing on board and enjoying the passing scenery, your choice of ship can really enhance your holiday.
Our "Premium" river cruise collection is put together in partnership with AMA Waterways, one of the leading river cruise companies operating on Europe's rivers.
Each of our "Premium" river cruises on AMA Waterways cruise ships includes:
- An extensive programme of included shore excursions
- Europe's newest and most state-of-the-art river cruise ships
- "Infotainment System" in all staterooms with movie and music library and complimentary internet
- Fine gourmet cuisine with an emphasis on local ingredients with fresh produce and seafood
- Welcome Reception and Farewell Gala Dinner
- Quality wines from Europe's most famous wine regions included with every dinner on board
- Grand Panorama Lounge with bar and dance floor
- Daily entertainment on board, plus nightly piano music and dancing on board - special highlights include folklore performances, lectures, theme dinners and local activities, according to the itinerary
- Wellness Centre with a fitness room and sauna
- Beauty salon and masseuse
- Sun Deck with whirlpool and walking track
- Complimentary bicycles to explore ports of call on your own
- Lift to each of the four different levels: the restaurant, the staterooms on the Cello Deck, the Lobby and Panorama Lounge and the staterooms on the Violin Deck
- Professional Cruise Director and experienced local guides
- All English language on board
- Non-Smoking Environment
The on-board culinary team offers sophisticated menus comprised of wonderful soups, fresh produce, high quality choice cut meats, and fresh fish and seafood.
Start your day with a lavish gourmet breakfast buffet. Choose from a rich assortment of breads, croissants and pastries, a variety of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, and smoked salmon. Sample the delicious cheeses, cold cuts and local sausages, as well as daily regional specials. An array of traditional breakfast items is also available from the menu.
Return from your shore excursion to a delicious lunch. Start with mouth-watering hot or cold appetisers, homemade soups, then choose from a selection of great main courses and finish off with a delectable dessert and complimentary cappuccino.
In the evening, you are the honoured guest for an elegant dinner or a traditional theme night with a feast of regional specialities. Enjoy delicious cuisine and complimentary free-flowing wines from the local vintners.
Every meal on these ships becomes a truly memorable dining experience.
Here is a sample dinner menu:
Avocado and crabmeat cake on tomato coulis
Basil and balsamic summer salad with lettuce, cucumber, radish and tomatoes with Pommery Mustard vinaigrette*
Honey Dew Melon Cocktail with Aged Port Wine
Beef consommé with aged sherry and walnut-meat dumplings*
Cream of cauliflower with strawberries*
Chocolate sorbet with champagne
Grilled filet of fresh butterfish:
crusted with olives and served with pesto, glazed carrots and herb risotto*
Surf and Turf "AMA Style":
grilled beef tenderloin steak and marinated tiger prawns with two different kinds of sauce,
carved vegetables and sour cream potato
tossed in creamy Chanterelles ragout with oregano and
freshly shaved parmesan cheese
AMA-Moist Chocolate Cake
Cherry Jubileé with Vanilla Ice Cream
Selection of International Cheeses and Biscuits
*represents the healthy choice
Shore excursions from the ships
A comprehensive, included programme of shore excursions on each of these cruises gives you an in-depth, authentic view of the cultures and histories you will visit.
On every excursion, experienced guides help you to discover the area's highlights, as well as places only the locals know about. Europe's most charming towns and their friendly people are waiting to welcome you with open arms.
The excursions are included, meaning you can take as many as you wish without dipping into your pockets. Of course, there is no pressure - you can remain on board the ship whenever you like and relax in comfort.River cruising by rail
River cruising is all about seeing the sights. When you travel to your river cruise by rail, seeing the sights starts as soon as you climb on board the Eurostar at St Pancras. On our "Premium" river cruises, we always travel by First Class rail so you can reach your ship in style and comfort.A quick guide to our premium river cruise holidays
- Multiple destinations from the same ship and the same cabin
- Fine dining every day, all meals included on board
- Wine with dinner included on board
- Interesting shore excursions every day
- River views from every cabin
- Welcome Reception and Gala farewell dinner
- Relaxed environment
- Superb views wherever you are on board
- Superb service from attentive staff
Click on the links to view our premium cruises: