Escorted Rail Tours to Bodnant Garden
A magnificent garden with views of Snowdonia
Located just south of Conwy, Bodnant Garden is one of the UK's most splendid and best-loved public gardens. The grounds were first landscaped in 1875 by Henry Davis Pochin, who owned the impressive Bodnant House. Being very pleased with the initial result, Pochin continued to redesign parts of the grounds in varying styles. The garden - presented to the National Trust in 1949 - now covers 80 acres, ranging from lawns and terraced gardens to wilderness sections.
Affording magnificent views across the Conwy Valley to Snowdonia, the gardens are home to a number of rare species of plants and flowers, including Californian Redwood trees. With such a varied choice of plants, there is always a section of the garden in bloom at any given time of year.