Sales - Tour Advisor
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Sales Team as a Tour Advisor.
This company has been providing market-leading holidays for more than 40 years. They are true rail holiday specialists and no other company offers a better choice of inclusive holidays by rail than they do. They are absolutely committed to ensuring every holiday meets and exceeds expectations and as a result their valued customers travel with them year after year.
Their Tour Advisors handle all pre-booking enquiries from customers or Travel Agents by telephone, post, email and face-to-face visits to their office. They also handle a proportion of post-booking / pre-travel enquiries, assisting customers with add-on purchases which boost their holiday experience and maximise the overall value of their booking.
Tour Advisors deliver sales through the provision of world-class customer service, and an affable approach to conversation with enquirers, which is focused on generating a rapport capable of establishing and developing strong customer loyalty.
Their style of operation is different to most. They use direct experience and a passion for travel to sell their holidays, chatting to their customers for an average of 15 minutes per call. They don't pressure customers or 'cold-call' for business; they don't even refer to themselves as 'Sales', because customers don't want to speak with a sales person; they want to speak to an expert who possesses a passion and level of customer service which stands out from the competition.
The vast majority of holiday bookings are taken over the telephone so the ability to talk on the telephone whilst navigating multiple applications on a computer screen is a must.
A portrait of the perfect Tour Advisor is:
- Passion for Travel with actual travel experience
- Sales Knowledge and experience
- Excellent Geographical Knowledge
- Customer Focused
- Can build a rapport with their customers and be sociable
- Inspirational and enthusiastic about travel
- Fully competent in the use of IT
- OTE circa £30,000 (with both salary and commission potential).
- 37.5 hours per week as per a rota provided 1 month in advance.
- Some evenings, weekends and bank holidays are included in shifts to be worked on a rota basis.
If you have a passion for travel with actual travel experience, then this role could be for you!